Friday, July 21, 2006

You've Come a Long Way, Baby

As evidenced by these responses to the posting (and subsequent, inevitable mocking) of the latest super-ridiculous video log from Atlas Shrugs:

What hell hath the Internet wrought.

By the way…I’d hit that.

By the way, no one cares.

One of the more convincing transexuals I’ve seen.

One of the more convincing examples of tolerance and sensitivity.

Bend that hottie over and boink her in the butt!

NO. Let's bend you over and boink you in the butt with a splintery stick bearing the words, "Women are human beings."

I can't wait for someone to suggest that I'm defending Pam's vlog. I am not. I am defending her right to be treated like a human being. A more-than-slightly crazy human being? Sure. A human being worthy of much parody? You betcha. Some sorry tool's rapetastic wank object?

Nuh-uh.

FINE, I WILL MAKE THE COUNTER-ARGUMENT MY OWN SELF--AN UPDATE: What's the difference between "I'd hit that" and calling the parody blog "Atlas Juggs?"

No, seriously. I'm askin'.

My gut feeling: When a woman objectifies herself as, I think, Pam does, she lets herself in for a certain amount of derision based on that. Thus, "How My Titties Saved Eretz Yisrael." (Plus I'm inwardly twelve, so I just always laugh at "titties," in nearly any context.) The implication there isn't, "Pam's an object for me to stick my parts into." The implication there is, "Pam's a human being who thinks way too highly of her titties."

Titties.

TITTIES.

TITTIES 4 ISRAEL.

Hahahaha--okay, okay. Sorry. Uh, I'm good. Crikey, I need to stop before I get this site caught in Blogger's spam trap again.

But I always read "I'd hit it" as an almost bored, knee-jerk expression of privilege: "If I really wanted to, honey, I could shut you up right now--with my cock." And we know who's especially fond of making THAT nonargument, so . . . yeah. I get a little disgusted, I guess.

4 comments:

Susan B. said...

NO. Let's bend you over and boink you in the butt with a splintery stick bearing the words, "Women are human beings."

If I might add...that stick should go in sideways to really drive the point home.

And I'm not going to defend the vlog either. I mean, really, are the only choices either the burka or the Pussycat Dolls? Because I prefer something between those two extremes.

ilyka said...

Because I prefer something between those two extremes.

WORD.

Why are you defending Pam's vlog?

Well, technically, there is one aspect of it I will defend: I will defend it as being just the comedy glue the doctor ordered to heal the political divide in this country.

Left, right, communist, fascist--come together in holy mockery, right now. Amen.

Rob said...

One of those times I'm glad I don't have sound on my PC here.

ilyka said...

Whatever happened to the traditional "There is no God,"

You hear, Rob? That's what's going to spring to mind if you ever watch one of those with the sound on.

You have been warned.