Sunday, December 17, 2006

Beings

. . . as it's my weekend, and things are getting a little crispy in places around here, and you just never know when or whether someone's going to flip out, porque ese es el internet, blah blah blah, I'm putting on [sigh] comments moderation. Better safe than sorry, and this way I can chill out with a movie without worrying that someone's posted my address and a link to Mapquest with directions, or whatever. You just never know.

Y'all have a happy Monday.

UPDATE: I'll turn comments moderation off sometime Tuesday afternoon. That'd be Wednesday morning for some of you--Tuesday afternoon in the Moutain-time United States, and when I say "afternoon," I usually mean "4:00 p.m." So, almost evening, but maybe sooner. You never know. I might get all kinds of motivated.

I HATE comments moderation, even when I'm the one doing the moderating. No, especially when I'm the one doing the moderating. It means more work for me.

On the other hand, I did catch some nonsense about job-hunting and resumes this morning on this very post--which, nearly as I can tell, hasn't got a thing to do with either job hunting or resumes. And yet, it was clearly not a spam comment. It was from a poster with an unpublished Blogger profile, and it made reference to the two main places I have lived: The Northeast and the Southwest.

Normally, I would just assume a heavily attention-deficit-disordered person had wandered onto my blog; but as it happens, my currently most "Damn! Massive downer in the inbox alert!" emailer has both my real name and my place of employment, because no matter how careful you are, it is still possible to be an idiot on the internet. Example: Me.

So, one wonders. One does wonder. Wouldn't it be nice? If we lived in a world in which you said this, or that, and no one tried to take your upper millstone as a result of it?

No comments: