It's not that I have anything to say, so much as it is that I miss this place. In fact, here are my vain-as-hell Top Five Things I Love About My Home Sweet Blog:
1. Raging Moderate does not comment here: This is a guy I go 'round and 'round with at Feministe, and while he is unfailingly polite and courteous, as is the Canadian way, he also drives me up a fucking wall, to tell you the truth. Of course I realize he could well click over here and find me saying that, but I'll betcha I drive him up a wall, too. So I say we're even.
2. Sigivald sometimes comments here: I love Sigivald for reminding me that the girl in this picture lacks denim. And for other things, like generating a wealth of great responses here. Sigivald is good people. He does not drive me up a fucking wall.
3. New Mexico people comment here. You know who you are! I am not naming you because I am respecting always your privacy! (But you have to tell me if you get blogs. We'll start a ring or something.)
4. I know this will sound crazy, but I'm kind of fond of ol' Blogger. It's the AOL of blogging platforms, I know, but I'm getting old, I've always been lazy, and this beta is tons better than the old Blogger. No more "Republish." No more "permalinks don't work, so scroll down to the post titled . . . ." No more (well, not as much) "Blogger is down." This beta, the only faults I find have to do with commenting, where if you comment, it sometimes displays the wrong name based on your Gmail account or something. That's evil, but let's be honest: It affects you, not me.
5. Maybe it's the smallness and the coziness of this environment, but people cut me a fuckin' break here. Too often, probably. But thank you. Thank you for cutting me a fuckin' break once in awhile, even when I say something stupid. Or have nothing of consequence to say in the first place.