Aw, look, the internet's gone crazy. That almost never happens.
Excuses That Weren't Valid When You Were Six and Aren't Valid Now, Either:
* "Well, but they did it too, kind of."
* "You're only mad because [preposterous canard such as 'you secretly hate gay people']."
* "You should be happy! I thought your side loved [group erroneously conflated with subject under discussion, i.e. 'gay people' with 'creepy old predators']."
* "Now you're just being partisan." (Said with feigned innocence, as though you wouldn't be all over this if the affiliations were reversed, which is of course an enormous WHOPPER, and not the kind that comes between two saggy-assed steamed bun halves, either.)
* "Technically, it wasn't x, it was some-y-only-marginally-less-than-x."
And a Simple Test:
1. I am defending actions I wouldn't want taken against my own children:
Score 100 points for every "FALSE" answer; have yourself sterilized for every "TRUE" answer.
Bonus Followup Questions:
1. If I am appalled by the behavior of one individual, I should out a completely different individual, because that individual shares web space with the individual I really have my problems with:
2. I answered "TRUE," above, because it's totally okay to do this to anyone I deem to be a shitbag lying liar Rethuglican.
3. I answered "TRUE," above. I do not comprehend the meaning of the phrase, "compounding the problem." Also, I am an asshole.