Monday, December 18, 2006

Head, Meet Desk

Oh, my.

A relative of mine keeps sending me emails that do nothing but perpetuate urban legends, but luckily, that relative has never sent me this one.

I keep writing this relative back with explicit instructions on how to bookmark Snopes.com, or how to Google your topic against Snopes.com ("hook car door site:snopes.com"), and so on, and so on, but . . . gah! Still the emails arrive. Urban legends are the new fairy tales. Hans Christian Andersen, where are you when we need you?

Draino + urine = the sex of your baby. Mm-hmm. Okay, back to the skull versus desk fight now.

P.S. The desk is winning. Ow.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

At least the legend doesn't say that you have to drink the Draino and see what color you pee comes out. (My guess'd be red, if it came out at all).

Anonymous said...

John said: At least the legend doesn't say that you have to drink the Draino and see what color you pee comes out. (My guess'd be red, if it came out at all).

I'd be all in favor of propogating that one. Each time someone tried it, it would eliminate two stupid people at once.

Anonymous said...

(Sorry, that was me.)

ilyka said...

I figured, ya mean-ass baby-killer!

Do you get the urban legend emails from her too? Or is that just my lucky privilege?